Hi all !
Here are some news about the recent commits of the bitbox engines, kernels and other bits since last month. You can look at the git history to find them
- graph_frame and graph_lines names are used in API (to be able to disconnect graph_frame, which is hard realtime, and game_frame, which is not)
- simple modes have been added : those are text and graphical modes based on framebuffers.
- USB HID devices (gamepads) are now parsed so there is fewer need to include gamepads in kernel, some might often even work as is.
- A simple sound mode with samples, and its accompanying small sample demo program .
- A new dedicated app to test USB devices (by pulkomandy)
- Emulator has better device input and can work with gamepads, keyboards
- A beam racer outrunnesque game has been started (by pulkomandy) !
- 320x200 and 400x300 kernel mode have been added which leave much more CPU time
- sawteeh audio player has been introduced, but has been temporarily removed while working on implementation issues
- a chiptune player has been added. Its engine will be merged into main library as a in parallel with the sampler sound engine.
- color simple textmodes have been added
- a Boulder Dash remake has been introduced
- support for RLE encoded sprites in sprite engine (as well as a small change in API)
- small improvements & bugfixes
.. and that's it !
Here is a screenshot from the new color textmode :